Monday, February 8, 2010

Nighttime Tylinol my foot!

So I took this nighttime sleepy time Tylinol cold medicine last night at a little before 11:00. I've had a cold since Saturday and I wanted to feel better for class this afternoon, work after, and class tonight. So I took the medicine, put the TV on Spike where they were showing CSI reruns and expected to fall asleep within a half hour.
Wrong!
I just layed there for hours, tired but unable to get to sleep. My nose was all stuffed for the first hour or so and I kept blowing what kept trickling out with no relief to my sinuses. Finally, I could breathe, sort of, out of my nose but still couldn't sleep. It was close to 2:00 AM before I fell asleep. Stupid nighttime Tylinol. So much for making me sleep!
I was justin this weird, I'm sleepy and kind of loopy but can't sleep, phase. When I got up to get a new box of Kleenex since I emptied my old one, I was all off balance and felt weird. I'm guessing this is because I should have been sleeping by then. No dice.
So anyway, I don't think I ended up waking up after I finally went to sleep until my alarm went off at 10:00 this morning.
I had every intention of getting up, feeding Pasta, taking a shower, blow-drying my newly layered hair, going to eat lunch, going to Ethics, going to work and then coming back for a couple hours before going back for Public Policy. Yeah, well, good intentions. I kept hitting snooze and didn't get up until 11:00. I felt so icky and still do. So congested and drippy with occasional explosive sneezes yuck!
I fed Pasta but didn't shower. I did go to eat but got full fast. I thought I'd better not infect my whole class and stayed home. I'll go to work in the morning and we'll see how I feel later if I go to class tonight. I don't like missing class but have learned over my many times of going to class sick that I get sicker for longer if I keep trying to go rather than just staying home for a day or so. I usually don't get as bad and recover faster if I stay home right away rather than going and going until I about fall down. That's how I used to be, and it never worked out well.
So anyway, here I am typing my random thoughts, watching CSI, hoping my cold medicine, Tylinol DayTime will kick in soon. I just feel like lying down again, so that's the plan. Ugh.

No comments: