Friday, February 5, 2010

Back again

I know I said I'd be back on the 2nd but well, stuff happens. Pasta barfed that night after drinking bunches of water, too, so I was trying to watch her and make sure she was okay. The canned pumpkin, baby food chicken mixture seemed to do her well because no more barf! Yay! I don't like cleaning up doggie barf and feel so bad for her when she gets sick.
The next night she started making those "I'm gonna barf" noises, but luckily, it must have been a fluke. No barf and no more weird noises since. Good stuff.
But anyway, what I was going to write on the 2nd was that it was the anniversary of our graduation from GDB. I tend to think of Dog Day, the day I got her, as more of our anniversary, but graduation day is our technical one, so I go by both, I guess. I could not have imagined then what a great impact she would have on my life. I have never been sorry for getting a dog, and she has made my life so much easier and more enjoyable. I love her with evry ounce of my being and am so, so happy to have her. She is the greatest dog I have ever seen and super smart and sweet. She is everything I asked for and more, and just what I needed, even some things I didn't know I needed. She remembers things I forget and even has gotten me back home when I was disoriented and didn't know how to get home. She always seems to know where I want to go, even if I don't tell her, and if she doesn't and I'm confused, she'll always take me to something familiar so I can reorient myself. She is super confident and has lots of initiative, just what I need and never knew I needed. She makes me feel so confident every day, and I don't even think twice about going to night class or to Seven Eleven at night. I hated night classes before and would never have gone out on my own anywhere else. So thank you, Pasta. Words cannot truly express how I feel about you and what a great impact you have had and will continue to have on my life. I love you! You are my eyes, my independence, my cuddle bug, my playmate, my friend and my baby girl!

No comments: