Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More apartment stuff

Well, the apartment fell through. The guy that said I could see it on the Saturday hadn't cleared it with the tenant when he'd told me that, so he ended up wanting me to come on Sunday. I already had plans then, so couldn't come. He rented it out that day. Crap! If he'd have told me someone else was coming to see it, I could have pushed my plans back!
So now, I applied to another place. I really, really love it. But I'm so worried I won't get it. My credit isn't great, my income not super high and my rental history is basically nonexistent since this'll be my first apartment. So I'm kind of freaking out. I passed the deadline for the dorms, so now I have to find a place.
I know someone who is renting a room from a lady who has another she wants to rent, that I could probably stay with, but then I'd be back with someone else's rules, guidelines, etc., to deal with again and the lack of privacy. Plus, there's already someone in the house. I know that person, but its a guy. The owner of the house lives there, too, so it'd be three people. Not the situation I'm looking for. But it might be what I have to do. We'll see.
I'm praying and crossing my fingers that the apartment I saw this last weekend will take a chance on me. I will pay the rent always, I know that. I'm just so worried my credit will sink me. I'll update when I hear. Supposedly, I'm supposed to find out tomorrow. I wonder how much they'll actually check and if they'll call my references or not. I'd think so but that seems like a lot to do in a day since I just sent the application. Well, we'll see. Wish me luck!

No comments: