Monday, December 29, 2008

First Post

Okay, so first post is definitely not the most creative post title, but what can I say? I’m new at this. So, I guess I should start with a brief introduction. My name is Megan, and I’m a guide-dog user. That’s it. Brief Huh?

No, but seriously, my dog is a four-year-old female black lab named Pasta. I got her from the San Rafael, California campus of Guide-Dogs for the Blind in January of 2007. We’ve been together for almost a year now, and I love her to pieces.

Pasta was older than most guide-dogs when she was given to me because she was first intended to be a breeder for GDB. She only had one puppy in her first litter, though, and had a hard time in the delivery of her second litter. Plus, two of the four pups had something seriously wrong with them and had to be put down, so considering the circumstances, it was decided she should not be a breeder. Since it had been less than a year that she had been a breeder, she was able to go back into the guide-dog training. Lucky for me!

Her first pup did not make it as a guide-dog but her other two are currently in training, and if all goes as hoped, they will be placed with their handlers in the next two months. I hope to make contact with them someday so we can compare doggie stories and see how the pups are like and unlike their mommy!

Well, I guess that’s enough for my introduction. If you don’t mind my ramblings, stay tuned for more. I plan to post later about our recent experience being stranded in Kansas City Missouri during a lay-over due to fog, a lesson I learned during this time about dog food, and the great realization that there are truly nice people in the world. Come again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://islandora.ca/using_islandora_demo http://www.provokator.org/polls/you-take-public-bus-30min-free-seats-spiked-hair-hiphopper-granny-roma-girl-bus-driver-where-d
facebook likes get facebook likes buy facebook likes
Copmaq presario 2500 maybe 7+ years old. How do I get this thing to run faster. When we boot it up it takes 5 - 10 minutes before you can use anything, any sooner than that it will freeze up. The anti virus recently expired and anything I tried to put onto it totally screwed it up. After Mcafee I couldnt get anything to run. I took that off and am using a free avg for now. But seriously everything is so slow on this thing what can I do to get it running faster? Yeah I know throw it away and get a new one. Not that easy its my GF's and she loves it. We use my computer primarily but when im busy on mine or just every now and then she likes to use hers.

1000 facebook likes get facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes